Thursday, February 1, 2018

Youngest person saved by Oskar Schindler: 'I feel guilty that I survived'

Youngest person saved by Oskar Schindler: 'I feel guilty that I survived'

 http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/31/youngest-person-saved-by-oskar-schindler-feel-guilty-that-survived.html

Guilt was/is common.

My mother felt that strongly http://ourcriminaljusticesystem.blogspot.com/2018/01/oral-history-interview-with-paula-s.html


From first top link;
UNITED NATIONS –  Eva Lavi was 6 years old when Oskar Schindler helped save her life.
"I feel guilty that I survived," she told the United Nations on Wednesday, 74 years after she was spared the certain fate of death at Auschwitz.
"When I go with pupils to the camps in Poland, I imagine thousands of my brother Jews marching to their death. I wonder why God saved me?” Lavi said. “Perhaps he wanted me to do something big? Something big and I'm only an ordinary woman, with no special achievements, but now when I'm here talking to the United Nations, this is the big something that God planned for me
."

"Here at the United Nations, we use a lot of words. Many of them are forgotten as soon as they are uttered or read. They neither create hatred nor spur compassion – they just disappear into a void,” she said. “My hope is that today will remind us that our words – especially the words never again – can have power for good, but only if they are motivated by a recognition of our shared humanity and followed by action."
Eva now lives in Israel and at one time even served in the Israeli Defense Forces. She has two children and three grandchildren. Her presence was an inspiration.
"In the face of evil, we must adopt an action plan for prevention," insisted Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon. "We must...stand up in the face of evil. We cannot afford to be bystanders.
"

"Eva now lives in Israel and at one time even served in the Israeli Defense Forces. She has two children and three grandchildren. Her presence was an inspiration.
"In the face of evil, we must adopt an action plan for prevention," insisted Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Danon. "We must...stand up in the face of evil. We cannot afford to be bystanders." "

Eva has children and grandchildren...Eva will be remembered.
Because of THE WELL RESPECTED LAWYER my mother will not have the same quality of remembrance. My mother's grandson, highly influenced by his mother, as in "parental alienation", refused to see his grandmother in the assisted living and the nursing facilities.

He will not see me now.

I will die soon enough. I am 68 and my son is 18.
My son will forget his grandmother.
The WELL RESPECTED LAWYER apparently as taken my mother's photo books that show my family together when I still had such.

My mother told me she feared BEING ALONE....and THE WELL RESPECTED LAWYER intentionally or not, made certain my mother was alone when she feared it most.

The WELL RESPECTED LAWYER refused to accommodate my mothers wishes when my mother was alive. Ironic that THE WELL RESPECTED LAWYER asked me what my mother would like AFTER my mother was no longer alive to experience what SHE DID WANT AND ASKED FOR AND WAS REFUSED...


No comments:

Post a Comment