Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Innoncence Project;Join me in lifting up women who fight for justice 

https://www.innocenceproject.org/bearing-burden-love/?utm_source=Main+IP+Email+List&utm_campaign=05dba09c4a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_016cb74fd6-05dba09c4a-350301861


The unique experience of wrongly convicted women

   02.27.18





Women are central to the innocence movement. They are devoted advocates, mothers, daughters, partners, and friends to those wronged by injustice. While the majority of exonerees are men, there are over 200 women who have been exonerated in the U.S. and their stories need to be told. Forty percent of these women were convicted of harming their children or loved one. Women bear the burden of losing kin to unforeseen circumstances like house fires or an undetected illness and then endure the horror of being convicted for the death of their loved one, which in many cases was not a crime at all.

I can not say I know the horrors of all those convicted of murder, men and women, as my horror was too horrible for me and it was not even a felony and I was found not guilty...yet important people believe I was guilty ...while my guilty ex wife, mother of my son is flourishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment