Thursday, March 15, 2018

My mother's focus in general; "What does Mike Pompeo as secretary of state mean for Israel and the Jews?"

From  https://www.jta.org/2018/03/13/news-opinion/politics/what-does-mike-pompeo-as-secretary-of-state-mean-for-israel-and-the-jews

My mother, Holocaust Survivor, escapee Paula S. Biren MD expressed her distress to me when Zbigniew Brezinski became National Security Adviser to President Jimmy Carter.

Zbigniew Brezinski was Polish like my mother,  but on the other side of the Auschwitz
electric fence. (there were good Poles on that other side but the odds to my mother was not good enough for trusting in their numbers.

Otherwise my mother had no specific fears but MUCH PTSD from the Holocaust that caused her to be anxious about antisemitic, her first order of business...then came helping poor women to get out of horrible domestic and employment situations....something most of her circle seems to be unaware of....

No comments:

Post a Comment