Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ferguson After Verdict

Ferguson experiences repercussions.
http://news.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/live-updates-from-ferguson-on-the-grand-jury-decision-in-michael-brown-shooting/?_r=0

Although there are, in the police population...as in the general population, people who have little to no ethics and morals...these bad apples are few...especially as time moves on and police candidates are expected to be better educated and to undergo testing and mental examinations.

All the evidence seems to exonerate the officer yet because he was not thrown to the wolves people all over the states are outraged.

Why?

IMO they needed a "sacrifice" for the pain they as a group have felt for far too long.
Innocence was not a variable to be examined by "the people".


From the NYT link above;
"...he (Mr Brown) looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked". said officer Wilson.

That is "RAGE", possibly murderous rage.

Why would anyone want to be a policeman in these times...?...I have few ideas about that.
The job is too dangerous. My graduate work was in Criminal Justice so I should have some idea...but I don't... at least not today.

Side note; "...he (Mr Brown) looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked". said officer Wilson.

I have seen such an expression recently. It was directed towards me but I think the fellow mistook me for the person (a woman) who complained to the BATF about his business (in the A. part of BATF) practices. He had a leaf blower clearing the sidewalk in front of his store. I approached a business next door when this man lunged at me, leaf blower going full blast into my face with an expression of such "intense aggression" I was astounded...for he is of slight build and likely had trouble holding on to the blower with which he "attacked" me. I think he surprised himself with his rage...it took me awhile to figure out that the woman made the complaint some weeks before and that her complaint had just hit...and was likely behind his rage, as he believed I had made the complaint.

Had this man been of Mr Brown's physical stature I might have been alarmed enough to use appropriate force which is never good, even in self defense...as the victim (that would be me in this example), if he fends off the attack...and survives will undergo what Officer Wilson did experience in the aftermath and may likely continue to undergo in some manner for a very long time. I know about such.

I try to be extra friendly to the officers I meet. If they are on beat I wish them to be safe. They appreciate that. They deserve that as do the citizens they are sworn to protect.





No comments:

Post a Comment